7.1 Material Losses. The INSURER guarantees, up to the sum of 300.00 Euros per person, subject to the exclusions stipulated in these General Conditions, the payment of the indemnity for material damage or loss affecting the luggage, during the outbound and return journey in any form of transport contracted with the organisation used to reserve the hotel or apartment and excluding all other forms of transport, as a consequence of:
- Theft (for these purposes, theft is understood solely as that perpetrated with the use of violence or intimidation on persons or the use of force on objects).
- Breakdowns or damage caused directly by fire or theft.
- Breakdowns and definitive, total or partial losses caused by the transport company.
Valuables are covered up to 50% of the sum insured on the total luggage. The word “valuables” refers to jewellery, watches, precious metals, furs, paintings, works of art, silver and precious metalwork, singular objects, mobile telephones and their accessories, photo and video cameras and their accessories, radios, sound and image content and reproduction media, as well as their accessories, computer information or material of all types, prototypes and remote-controlled/guided accessories, rifles, including their optical accessories, wheelchairs and medical devices, etc. Furs and jewellery are covered only against theft and only when they have been placed in the hotel’s safe or when the INSURED are carrying them with them. Luggage left in vehicles is only INSURED if it is inside the boot and the boot is locked. Between 10 P.M. and 6 A.M., the vehicle must be parked in a closed car park, with a security guard service; this limitation does not apply to vehicles entrusted to a transport company. In no case will the insurance cover luggage stolen from vans or minivans, due to the fact that these vehicles do not have boots with an independent lock. Valuables left inside the boot of a vehicle are only covered when the vehicle is situated in a garage or car park with a security guard service. The application of the proportional rule is expressly annulled in the event of a loss covered under this section and the indemnity will be paid at first risk.
This cover does not extend to:
- The stocks and materials for professional use, coins, bank notes, travelling tickets, stamp collections, titles of any type, ID document and, in general, any document and/or valuable title, credit cards, tapes and/or discs with memory, documents registered in magnetic strips or films, professional collections and materials, prostheses, glasses and contact lenses. For these purposes, personal computers will not be considered as professional materials.
- Theft, unless it occurs inside the hotel rooms or apartments when these are locked (for these purposes, theft is understood as robberies occurring as a result of the INSURED’S inattentiveness, without the circumstance of personal violence or intimidation towards people or the application of force on objects).
- The damage due to normal or natural wear and tear, inherent vice and/or inadequate or insufficient packaging. The damage due to gradual deterioration caused by the effects of the weather.
- The loss resulting from the simple misplacement of an element or as a result of forgetfulness, unless the element was lost after being entrusted to a transport company.
- Theft occurring during any camping exercise or when staying in a caravan, in the open-air; all valuables are completely excluded if lost during any form of camping whatsoever.
- The damage, loss or theft, resulting from the valuables and personal possessions being left in a public or unsecured place or in a place with access for various occupants.
- Injuries, unless they are the result of an accident caused during travel, resulting from simple theft or theft with forced entry, armed aggression, fire or the attempt to extinguish a fire.
- Damage or loss caused directly or indirectly by war, civil or military upheavals, popular rebellions, strikes, earthquakes and radioactivity.
- Damage caused intentionally by the INSURED or due to severe negligence by the INSURED and the damage caused by leaks of liquid contained inside the luggage.
- All powered vehicles, including their parts and accessories.